Kathy's Small Group Discussion Topics

This blog is a place that archives topics and stories used in Yokefellow Prison Ministry sessions in a county jail in rural Pennsylvania. You are welcome to use these ideas in your small group sessions. They would be applicable to use in Christian small groups of most any kind.

Name:
Location: williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, December 23, 2005

No place to call home?

We started with prayer, let everyone introduce themselves, sang some songs, and read a Psalm.

For the lesson, we read Luke 2 and Luke 9 - Luke 9:58 - and talked about how Jesus was born in a borrowed, smelly space. And later when Jesus is grown, it sounds like he has no real home either.

We talked about homelessness. We discussed what it was like to be without a home. Everyone shared their thoughts and experiences.

Then we went to John 14. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God[a]; trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Jesus, who came to earth in a borrowed place, makes sure we know we are wanted and will be cared for forever.

Praise God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home