Kathy's Small Group Discussion Topics

This blog is a place that archives topics and stories used in Yokefellow Prison Ministry sessions in a county jail in rural Pennsylvania. You are welcome to use these ideas in your small group sessions. They would be applicable to use in Christian small groups of most any kind.

Name:
Location: williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, June 02, 2005

How very much God loves us

This week we had 12 inmates attend the session. I brought my guitar in and we sang a couple of songs. It's still awkward getting the guitar in (without a case) through the main double doors. Maybe time will help us get the hang of doing it without hitting the guitar on the doors.

We talked about how much freedom or leeway God gives us as we grow in Christ. We are creatures of habit. It takes us awhile to understand things. It can take us years to gain insight into our loving God.

How many times do we watch our children as they grow, when we offer advice, they turn away and do their own thing, only to find they should have listened to the parent?

How much leeway do we give our kids? When are we stern? How do we think God is similar to a parent? How is he different?

We talked about some things I can't write about here.

During the session, 3 people asked specific questions. One question I dealt with, the other two I asked if the inmate would mind if I waited until the end of the session to deal with. They both said OK. I was hoping to tie in their questions to the lesson. But we got to talking and we ran out of time to address the two remaining questions. I feel bad about that.

I thought of writing each a quick note, apologizing, but didn't get around to it. I'll have to address this in the session next week. I know how down I feel if I get put off.

Interestingly enough, one question was about "What do you do when God does not seem to be working in your life?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home